Today starts out our busy semester with evening classes for the kids. It will be busy for us, but totally worth it for them.
This past week has been a blur. We've had a lot of fun, since the weather wasn't dreadfully hot. Alex has found a recent interest in his wagon and loves taking rides with Elijah down the block, check out the pictures to see how Elijah rides with him, what a good big brother to hold onto him so well!
Jeremy's mom visited last weekend over Labor day, Alex had a lot of fun. She brought him some new instruments to practice for his music class and he's been playing with them almost daily when music comes on. (Jeremy even made use of them yesterday when his band performed!) We stopped at a park one night and had a McDonalds picnic and took some time to play at the playground.
Alex went with his friend, Christian, to their first movie in a theater this past week! They both seemed to have fun, but I think the sound was too loud for them at times. (I peeked over at Christian once and he was covering his ears.) They went to see the new Pixar movie, UP at our local budget theater. I think our next stop at the theater will be to see Toy Story 3D, I think that's due out in October sometime.
Lastly, Jeremy's band played lastnight at the Sibley park bandshell, his band as well as a few other bands that our friends have, played from about 3 to 8 pm lastnight. I took the boys down for only a brief time, because Alex skipped nap (the band was practicing in the basement) and was super tired. During Jeremy's band's performance we went and tried to take some pictures in front of the stage while sitting on a picnic bench. While Alex was climbing around he managed to fall between the table and bench and got a huge goose egg on the back of his head, this added to our need to head home sooner than later! I would share the pictures we took from the show, but I'm unable to find our camera right now to upload them.
Sorry, I have overloaded this post with pictures, there were too many new ones to chose which made the cut! Hope you enjoy.
The boys in the wagon, Alex sits on the seat and Elijah sits on the floor below, with Alex holding onto his shoulders to keep him from falling over.
No comments:
Post a Comment