Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Little family updates.

I AM FINISHED WITH NIGHT SHIFTS!! I am looking forward to sleeping like normal again, and enjoying the ability to go to bed whenever I want after Alex goes to bed, but Jeremy's going to have to get used to not stealing my pillow or my side of the bed ;)

We have a busy couple weeks coming up, we have family coming to town today tomorrow and Friday who we plan to spend lots of quality time with. I think Alex will have a blast with them (as well as the dogs, as they are dog lovers!) In between visits with family tomorrow, we're planning a quick trip to Pumpkinland for some outdoor fun and adventure, Alex is sure to love the wagon ride through the pumpkin patch! Saturday we're headed down to Grandma and Papa's to catch up with a few other family members and get some time outdoors enjoying harvest time! I never thought I'd say I missed harvest, but I truly do, last year I missed out on the whole season and was quite depressed about it.

Next week, I work at 2 every afternoon, but still get to go to bed before midnight! :) Saturday morning, I'm taking off with my friend Joni and we're headed to the cities for the night for our own little women's retreat. We had initially planned to go to the Bethany College Women's Retreat, but registration was full prior to the deadline for early registration!! So, we decided to make our own weekend of fun. We're going to hit up the Aveda school, Mall of America, and possibly a massage, waterpark or movie, we'll see what time allows!

Alex is such a little chatter box, he can sit and play on his own for a LONG time with his bus and other trucks and cars, carrying on a conversation with himself as well as the toys he's playing with. He's got a new trick where he says, "OK." in response to questions. Sorry that we don't have any new pictures to share today, we've been quite busy this week with confusing schedules, but plan to get back to picture taking mania now that I have more time to be awake during the daytime!! :)

No comments: