Monday, July 14, 2008

Today's Adventures


We started out today by meeting up and Matt and Joni's for a picnic, while loading up, Alex was playing with my car keys. He kept pushing a button and making the car beep, I thought nothing more about it, until I closed his door and tried to open mine. My dear son had locked the doors and I had shut him in the car. After many phone calls (Jeremy, the police, tow company and BLC security) he was freed. The whole process took ten minutes or less, but seemed like a lifetime. At first Alex thought it was funny that we kept peeking into the car at him, but soon those smiles turned into tears and screams. I kept trying to talk to him and keep him calm, but by the time that the door was unlocked he was drenched in sweat. On the way out to the creek he guzzled a whole cup of water and drank to full cups of juice afterwards. We are quite thankful for our friends that helped us through this complication, God was definitely looking out for us.

After the excitement and slight dehydration we headed out for a picnic lunch at 7 mile creek park. Alex and Christian had a blast throwing rocks into the creek. See the pictures below.


No comments: