It's official, Alex is officially a preschooler! We signed him up on Friday to attend preschool for two and half hours twice a week in a ELS preschool. I don't know who's more excited, Mom or Alex...I'm thinking its me! This seems to be a great opportunity for him, he'll get to socialize with a group of kids his age, expand on his wealth of knowledge, and learn how to function in a structured environment. The only struggle we're foreseeing at this time is figuring out how to get him to and from, my hope is that I can work evenings those days or have those days off, so I can be free to drop him off and pick him up.
We are quickly learning that the struggles with parenting and disciplining are/were just beginning. We're getting a glimpse of bullying baby brother, biting, hitting and temper tantrums...we hope and pray that we can stay strong through this and come out ahead in the end.
We have spent a ton of time at local parks in the past 2 weeks, so much time that when informed we were meeting up with friends for a playdate, Alex looked at me and said, "Oh Mom, can't we just go to a friend's house?" Sadly I have NO pictures to show right now! We've been really bad about pulling the camera out for those photogenic moments.
Elijah is expanding his vocabulary daily! He does a wonderful job of copying sounds that we make and likes to make a game/song out of it. He has shown us that he has quite the appetite and at times could out eat us!
Sadly, Jeremy and I have nothing exciting to share at this time! Our lives only change in effect of our children's changes.
1 comment:
Good luck and have fun at preschool Alex!!!
Post a Comment