Alex has been struggling to fall asleep at night, as well as stay asleep all night. Last night he woke up at 3 am, came to bed with us for a short while, then informed us he didn't like the noise we made when we slept and wanted to go back to his room. An hour later he yelled to us that he had to go potty, funny thing was, he didn't seem tired at all!! Here are the things he said to us that I found to be completely amusing.
Alex: "If I grow up to be an adult, I'm going to be someone who rescues people with a costume on."
Daddy: "Why would you wear a costume?"
Alex: "Well, I don't know how easy it would be to put on a real super hero outfit and save people."
While lying in bed following above conversation, where he was also informed that he needed to start sleeping better or he's going to get sick and not have much fun doing stuff because he'll be crabby: "Well, if you drink stuff in bed, your penis comes out and tells you, you have to go potty."
As a matter of fact, at 5 am here, I can still hear that boy wrestling around and playing in his room. What are we going to do with him??
Anyone out there that's interested in offering a little advice, here's a question we struggle with every day: When do we take away nap time?
If we skip nap, he's unbearable, loud while Elijah naps, etc. and we don't get our much-needed break for a short period of time.
If we do a nap, he doesn't fall asleep at night until between 10 and midnight.
1 comment:
Maybe make nap time shorter? OR wake him up earlier in the morning?
Post a Comment