Monday, October 26, 2009

Icky Sickies

We have had a bad bought with the icky sickies. Alex was diagnosed with possible early pneumonia on the 13th, we took Alex in for a recheck the following Monday, as well as Elijah for his 6 month check up. The Dr. said that Alex sounded great, but Elijah had a double ear infection! We had no clue! After the fact we thought about it and sure, he had been more fussy and yes, he cried a lot when taking off or putting on his onsies, but we thought it was because he was teething!

I came down with the flu, a week ago Sunday. and have been down in the dumps sick since then! I had all the symptoms; fever, achiness, headaches, stuffy nose, productive cough. I was miserable, and believe me, everyone knew it! I called on Erica to my rescue to bring me OJ like Grandma Janssen always did. It hit the spot! We have been housebound since then with little outings in between. Today I finally felt up to a walk with Bear in the neighborhood, it hit the spot! Fresh air is amazing.

Jeremy also came down with something from Thursday until Monday, his major symptoms were stuffy nose, headache and fever. Both of us had an odd experience, because we both felt good enough to go back to work in between, but soon after being at work found that it was a bad idea to be there.

Tonight, Elijah goes to ECFE with Jeremy, Alex is going shopping with Erica and I'm going to speed disinfect to keep my major sick germs to myself!

1 comment:

Marge said...

Oh dear! Not the icky sickies! Hope everyone is on the mend now.