Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Healthy Thoughts

This has been my motto through the past week, being surrounded by illness. So far, I have managed to escape without the flu (I'm currently knocking on wood). Alex seems to be back to normal finally, after a long recovery period from the exhausting 24 hour flu bug he caught. Within 24 hours of Alex getting sick, Jeremy also became sick, he is finally starting to feel 100% as well.

We attempted tonight to set up the tripod and take family Christmas pictures ourselves, I now know why people pay someone to take them! Wow, was that frustrating. I found a few that turned out OK, but none were exactly what I was hoping for.

We have had an extremely cold spurt here recently with a lot of snowfall. The last snowfall was so beautiful, I wanted to go out and play in it, but it was so cold that it wouldn't have been safe for Alex. We bought Alex a pair of boots and while in the store I told him that he could walk in the snow with them, now whenever he puts them on he says, "Walk in the snow?" Who could say no to an innocent question like that?

Alex has all of a sudden shown a expansion in his vocabulary once again, its so fun to see the words that he comes up with. He also is talking in 5-6 word sentences at times, and is using his imagination when playing. He will walk around with a stuffed pig and say, "It's OK pig, I got you pig." We are really watching what we say around him because anything that goes into his ears is fair game for him to say. On day during church he dropped something and over and over he said, "darn it." Oops, I think Daddy taught him that! :)

In final thoughts tonight, Christmas is fast approaching! We are having a lot of warm thoughts as we think about Christmas. We are headed down to Florida on Christmas Day and will be flying back on New Years Day, with weather like we've had recently, who cares about a white Christmas!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Hello Jen!!! Wow I didn't know you had a blog how cool!!!! Alex is getting so big; he is soooo cute, I remember when you brought him over to Kurts when he was soooo small!!!