While walking through the mall yesterday, he was enjoying pointing out words or letters, that he knew, in the process he pointed and repeatedly said something that Erica and I could not understand, on the way back he said it again, bound and determined that he was going to let us know what he was saying. We walked over to the sign, and he pointed directly at, and he was saying heart. Another thing that we have not been teaching at home.
We have been extremely busy the past few weeks, preparing our garage and our former belongings for a garage sale. It was a pretty good success, but we didn't have as much of a turn-out as we would have hoped for, so we will retry this Thurs and Fri. In the meantime, it was fun to hang out with our friends and have the kids play together (we had the sale at our house). Alex hasn't had many friends over to his place to play, so this weekend was a new experience for him, and he seemed to do well.
The weather has been amazing this week and we have found every excuse to be outside to enjoy it! Let's hope it decides to stay summer!
I almost forgot the last little milestone of the week. We headed out to Hiniker Pond in town Friday after the garage sale for a quick swim. Alex was extremely scared at first, when I put him in his floaty. I took him out and brought him back to shore. In the process he decided that he loved the water, and I could hardly keep him out of it. Jeremy and his friends were in the deeper part and Alex decided he needed to go over there, I turned for a second to grab the floaty that was getting away and Erica yells, "Hey, Look at him!" Alex had decided to try swimming on his own. Quite scary for me, but he didn't seem bothered by it at all.
1 comment:
What an adorable little swimmer! :)
Post a Comment