Monday, March 23, 2009

Latest Happenings

Alex and I took a trip to the mall today for a FREE $10 gift card, who can go wrong with that?? While there Alex and I walked over to Barnes and Noble to play with the trains. Alex had a blast, finally I go to the point that i HAD to go to the bathroom and made him come with me. On our way there, he says, "Mommy! I have to go potty!" I didn't know if he was copying what I was saying or not, so i took him seriously. Got him ready to go on, his pants were dry. Pulled down his pants and sat him down and not too long after sitting he went!!! YIPPEE!! this is a BIG step in potty training, and we are ecstatic about it. As i took him off I found that I didn't prep him for going on the potty too well and his pants were soaked with urine....I made my poor child look like he wet his pants. I wanted to put on a sign that said, "He actually went on the potty, I made him wet his pants!"

We headed out to find a treat for going potty in the store. I bought him a ride on one of those coin operated rides, little did I know it was the biggest waste of 75 cents EVER. I think the ride lasted for about a minute, maybe 90 seconds. Seriously, what happened to those things costing a quarter??

We also had our ultrasound today, telling us that this baby most likely will be about the size we've been planning on. I wait until Thursday to find out what that means for the type of labor, when we see the doctor.

Oh, and before I forget, Saturday, Jeremy took Alex on a "special trip" to Toys R Us in the cities to get a free Thomas the Train engine. Alex had a blast and was able to spend some time with his friend Mattea while in the area. Thomas has adjusted well to his new home and the collection of trains that Alex already has. I totally forgot to send the camera with them so we have no pictures of this memorable event.



Being silly when I tried to take a picture of my handsome boy all dressed up from church.


Alex woke up at 6 am the other day, when I was trying to get ready for work, only a few days after he had this fun new train and car table, he jumped up when I stood over him and said, "No, no, no! I have to play trains!" I took these pictures that day, as you can tell he looks as if he just woke up!


No comments: