Guys, I cannot say enough amazing things about this great summer camp! This is our second year attending this camp and I am continually amazed. It is a great opportunity for children without a specific athletic focus to get out and do something physical, and maybe even find their knack. The camp is run through the Adventure Education Program at Minnesota State University, Mankato, with registration taking place through Community Education. Kids learn team work, cooperation, how to belay (don't ask me what this means, my 10 year old can tell you!), but most importantly, they learn that it's OK to fail. If you aren't able to make it any further on a wall, they encourage you to let go and try again later. Who doesn't benefit from encouragement to do their personal best?
These photos are from last year. The final day of the camp, they welcome parents and siblings to attend a program where the campers show their skills. After they've done that, they open up the ability to climb to all family members! Who would've thought my one-and-a-half year old would have gotten a turn?
I'm not sure if there is an opportunity to sing up for another camp this summer through this program, but I would encourage parents to consider it next year!
Check out MNSU's site specific to rock climbing here: https://www.mnsu.edu/adventure/climbing/



No comments:
Post a Comment