Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bad Mom



I have been such a bad blogging mom lately! I kept delaying a post, because I wasn't in the mood to attempt to catch up...however, at this point I'm not going to catch up, I'll just keep moving forward. The boys are growing so fast and changing each day, there's no way I can try to look back to the MONTHS before.

Elijah: Is showing us day by day that there are no 2 children that are alike! He's showing us that we were spoiled by Alex's temperment and he has other plans in mind! I find that we evaluate situations prior to them occurring a lot more right now, just so that we can plan out an approach that doesn't bring on a temper tantrum, but also doesn't give him his way. He has been doing temper tantrums for us for quite some time, however friends and family are finally getting a glimpse of this and I think they're worried about how we'll do with 3 little ones!

His language is flourishing! I cannot believe the amount of words or phrases he says! He's blown the 2-3 word sentence standard out of the water and is pushing for 4-5 word statements. His ability to follow our directions is improving daily as well.

He loves imaginative play and could do so for hours on end! He sits with two figurines and converses between them all on his own. He's definitely moving into the cooperative play, but doesn't interpret what big brother wants him to do so well. So much that they still tend to play on their own, just to avoid the impending conflict.

Alex: Has blossomed this year with his memory recall, writing, language, imagination and fact finding ability. He has an identified interest in the body, and knows things such as, what your eyes see goes to the brain to tell you what you're seeing, and is amazed that his friends in preschool and daycare don't know those things. He also loves to learn about the earth and natural disasters such as; tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, tsunamis, etc.

He has been in preschool since September and is benefiting a great deal from it. He's able to spell his name, write his name with assistance and is learning how to write many of the letters of the alphabet. About the time they covered the letter L in preschool, he started to enunciate his L's to the extreme, that has phased out by now, but he still enjoys saying things such as Lucy Lamb, to show off.

We had a slight relapse in preschool a month or so ago when his friend moved away, we had tearful battles to get him to come home from preschool saying things about how friends shouldn't move away. Since then I've been attempting to make it a point to get him out and about with other little boys to change his focus over a little bit, however with working full time (we're short on our unit), being pregnant and having 2 boys to lug around, its been difficult to follow-through with. We did however have a birthday party with him and his friends and that seemed to help him get over the hump.

Alex is pumped to have a baby in the house, since day one he's been convinced that the baby's a girl, and since about that time he's also been convinced that we need to name her Sarah. My new approach to him is that Sarah (his daycare provider) is very special to him and we wouldn't want to take that away from her by naming the baby Sarah, since right now when he hears Sarah, he thinks of her, but if we name the baby Sarah, hearing her name would make him think only of the baby...I might be getting somewhere with him, who knows!

BABY #3: We are 4 weeks away from D-Day! Its amazing to me that we could really be bringing the baby home any day now. I have only gained 22 pounds this pregnancy, a huge amount less than I did with either of the boys. My doctor is pretty proud of me and tells me that he thinks this baby is going to be smaller (he did however say that about Elijah, too). We currently don't have a vehicle large enough for a family of 5, and have been successfully procrastinating on doing so. Jeremy's convinced we've got time to get it done. If not, we can always do it after the baby comes.

Jeremy has started a new job and we are currently adjusting to the new more "normal" hours it brings with it. He's also learning all the things I have to do in the mornings before I head off to work when he's not home to help. Tomorrow is his first real lesson since he will have to get the boys ready and himself without me there at all. I hope it works out well, since he is still in that initial getting to know you stage at his new job, and tardiness wouldn't do well for him.

I am ready for maternity leave, however not sure that I'm ready to have 3 little ones in the house. I talked to my insurance company today and had some awesome news that only a mother would appreciate. Breast Pumps are covered under our insurance!! This means I can get rid of the pump I've had for the first two (I haven't been happy with it) and upgrade to (hopefully) a newer and improved version!

Just to add to being a bad mom, I have hardly any recent pictures to share with you! I better start dusting off the camera...

This is what our boys look like when they're zoned into the TV


1 comment:

Moldstad's said...

I was just wondering when on earth you were going to update your blog! Now it's my turn. :-) I loved the update. We miss you all so much! Actually today Caleb was talking about Alex coming over soon! Ha!