Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's Time for Celebration!!

WOO HOO! Elijah has finally figured out that its OK to get some sleep. We now have what I would term a "well-rested infant!" He is so much more pleasant and enjoyable! He also has figured out that its OK to put himself to sleep and does it without much fuss at all. Elijah had his first tooth pop through this last week. He found that his pointer and middle finger pulled him through the pain, and now has found that they are great for soothing. Elijah sits up independently now, but hasn't shown much interest in crawling.

Adding to the joy of sleep, Alex is finally adjusting to his twin-sized bed and is taking decent length naps again and sleeping through the night! I should knock on wood as I say this, but we have been accident free for a couple months now! I hope Elijah potty trains this easy. This boy is amazing. We spent about 45 minutes this morning going over his letters and having him identify what letter items started with, he was able to do it completely on his own. We also have started him using a scissors, and he found he enjoyed that so much that he started to cut one of his books. When I stopped him he said, "I was going to get that bee." He's improving in his coloring skills as he can color in the shape of what he's coloring, its not just general scribbling anymore.

Jeremy and I are once again in the midst of considering some career changes. I will update once we have finalized our decision. We continue to have a blast with the boys every day. We take off Friday for a weekend away while Jeremy hunts with his dad.

No comments: